Natural Treatment For Psoriasis
In the United States alone there are around 7.5 million sufferers of psoriasis. This skin problem is increasing day by day that causes accumulation of the dead skin cells on the skin’s surface, which further give rise to itchy scales as well as red patches on the skin. In case of psoriasis, sometimes remission takes place when there are no scales or accumulation of dead skin cells and this relief is temporary. If you want to prevent future outbreaks of psoriasis symptoms then it is essential to find a real cure to treat it naturally. Learn more about psoriasis home remedies and treat psoriasis the natural way.
When you take a long, warm bath regularly then it keeps skin moist and it also reduces the accumulation of dead skin cells. If there are accumulated or moistened skin cells then it makes them it reduces itchiness and redness. The best duration to spend in bath tub is 15 minutes. For further health improvement some additional things like bath oils, oatmeal, Epsom or Dead Sea salts can be used. Such products are quite beneficial for the skin as it can minimize the duration as well as severity of psoriasis.
Use of cooking oil is also another effective home remedy to deal with psoriasis. You can easily find this simple ingredient nearly in every house. It can directly provide moisture to the skin, and it also manages the psoriasis causes. Shortening works well too like cooking oil and it is less messy. For relief simply 3-4 applications of cooking oil or shortening are enough every day. Commercial moisturizers can also be opted but these have side-effects on excessive application.
As per the Mayo Clinic, one can treat psoriasis lesions using UV light, and its source is sun. For significant improvement in psoriasis lesions it is best to opt for short sessions of direct sunlight thrice a week. Staying outdoors for too long can be harmful because excessive exposure of UV light to skin can cause damage.
Some doctors prescribe a session of phototherapy in which artificial source of UV light is used directly onto the problem areas. This is considered safe as compared to direct sun exposure. Use of tanning bed is an alternative but it is dangerous. One of the leading causes of skin cancer is these beds in the United States, and if you select tanning beds for treating psoriasis then do not stay in the bed for more than 5 to 10 minutes.
Avoiding triggers can help treat psoriasis. There are some triggers that can cause this disease to flare up. Remember, every case of psoriasis has a different trigger but if you avoid them generally then it can make things easier. The common triggers that are responsible for causing psoriasis outbreaks include alcohol, smoking, stress, injuries of skin, as well as exposure to sun for longer period of time. If you avoid these triggers and also use some natural remedies then you can live a psoriasis free life.
Usually in cases of psoriasis your doctor is the only person who tells that either you are suffering from it or not only on the factors like history of your skin issues as well as its different appearance. Sometimes if the doctor is not sure then he may ask for particularly tests to figure out what is the exact problem. The tests are easy, fast and not uncomfortable at all.
There is one test that doctor might use to know whether you have ringworm infection and for this they will rub the scales of patch as well as check this with the help of microscope just to see whether fungus is the main reason for ringworm appearance.
On the other hand, if the doctor feels that rashes appear due to eczema or because of allergy in that case doctor might consider patch test. For this test sticky plaster has substances which person may be allergic to is applied on the skin mostly on the back. If the person is allergic to the substances then after 48 hours rashes start to appear particularly where the patch was applied.
After having these tests even then if doctor is not able to find out in that case they might remove abnormal skin’s tiny piece and check with the help of microscope. It is known as biopsy. This procedure is simple and it can be performed in health center, hospital outpatient department and it is a safe procedure. The first thing that is done in this procedure is to numb the affected area with the help of local anesthesia from where the skin is removed. When this step is done then tiny piece of skin is taken away and some stitches can be done near the wound if it is needed. The entire procedure takes 5 to 10 minutes to perform.
The procedure of biopsy is not scary but it only leaves the tiny marks. I experienced biopsies many times believe me or not it is much easy to bear than tooth filling.
In some cases dermatologist might ask for other tests if they find out that their overall health can be the reason of skin problem or maybe that’s why person is suffering from it. Urine tests or blood tests are also one of the ways to examine it. Usually people go through with these tests at some stage of their life and they know that there is nothing wrong with it.
All these tests that I mentioned are not included in the principle because psoriasis in most of the cases easily can be diagnosed. These tests are used for diagnosing the rare kinds of rashes.
The gentle way of fighting against psoriasis for long term is use of natural home remedies. On the other hand, the use of harsh topical creams as well as oral prescription medications that includes Calcineurin inhibitors, corticosteroids or Anthralin can cause soreness to the skin that is already inflamed and it also has negative impact on the immune system of the body.
Psoriasis is the disease of skin and this chronic issue appears on various parts of the body like knees, legs, arms, scalp as well as trunk. The symptoms appear in the form of patches which are reddish in color and are raised which is covered with silver scales on the knees and elbows and also knees.
Psoriasis is neither an infection nor it is contagious. The environmental factors can trigger the issue of psoriasis including cigarette smoking, pollution as well as mental stress. Sometimes the can be an injury or any other illness. The life of normal skin cells is almost a month. The fresh skin cells come out naturally when the old cells shed off.
In case of psoriasis sufferers this occurrence takes 3-4 days only. The patchy skin cells that forming tiers of patches are known as “plaques”. The best thing about treating psoriasis with home remedy is that there is no issue of side effects.
Top Five Effective Home Remedies for Psoriasis
1. Keep skin hydrated – taking bath, shower immersing the affected part in cold water can help in getting rid of itchiness caused by psoriasis. Also keep your skin moisturized. With the use of coarse washcloth, softly rub scaly part. Hot water is an enemy for psoriasis patients as it can dry the skin. Add Epsom salts in water for bath as it is a good home remedy. Do not forget to moisturize the body after soaking.
2. Moisturize your skin is must- If you keep your skin dry then it can cause infection. If you use a dense or heavy moisturizer then it acts as a shield for the skin that is breakable. Some best options include castor oil, germ oil, lactic acid as well as cooking oil and lard.
3. Vinegar- Use of apple cider vinegar is effective as it can diminish the intensity of psoriasis. According to the Psoriasis Foundation if the affected part is dipped in apple cider vinegar for few minutes then it can be very effective.
If you want excellent results then simply blend a cup of apple cider vinegar in warm water (1 gallon).
4. Olive oil- for scalp psoriasis sufferers the use of olive oil is just like a shampoo. In one cup of milk mix 2 teaspoons of olive oil then apply it into the scalp so that the scaly and dry patches become loose and fall. Then rinse thoroughly with slightly warm water and only use soft brush in order to get rid of the flakes and scales from your scalp.
5. Aloe- It is mostly famous for dealing with burns but actually is also work effectively for psoriasis. You can easily find natural aloe serum at drug stores and organic food stores.
Although none of these home remedies will permanently cure the psoriasis issue but still the sufferer can lead a comfortable life as he will be able to cope with the problem. In case of complication or severity in psoriasis always see your doctor for proper advice.
The major cause of this chronic skin problem is the abnormal growth or production of the cells as a result of which the skin regeneration takes place within 3-4 days and this in turn causes piling up of cells in an overlapping manner and form thick skin plaques. There is no known cause of the problem but there are certain conditions that can serve as a triggering agent among which stress is on top. In order to deal with psoriasis at home it is very important to manage stress in a proper way.
There are times when a person cannot avoid stress like at work, at home etc. It is best to deal with the stress otherwise it can cause problems and complications to health.
The impact of stress can be on various systems of our body especially the heart. The heart rate can increase when a person is stressed which further increases the blood pressure. The prolong impact on the heart can give rise to heart problems like stroke, cardiac arrest as well as hypertension.
The impact can be on other parts as well as like digestive system, ulcers, vomiting, constipation, diarrhea, dryness in throat and mouth. Even the sleep can be disturbed and the person can face the problem of insomnia. Some may feel jaw, neck, chest and back muscle tightness.
Even the skin problems like eczema and psoriasis can also arise with the prolong stress. Actually the adrenaline and also testosterone production increases when a person is stressed and it also has bad impact on the skin. In adult the acne like in women the problem of acne usually develops due to stress.
In some individuals the stress give rise to excessive eating habit and the person becomes obese which is a big issue. There are some other behavioral changes that can result like aggressiveness, drinking alcohol, excessive smoking, drugs etc. Now you must have got an idea about the negative impact of stress on our health.
Stress Management-The Effective Home Remedy for Psoriasis
If you know that your psoriasis is caused by stress, on top of the Psoriasis treatment that you are going through, try to manage your stress too. A comprehensive list of cures is available at littlebluelight.com psoriasis cure. Relaxation is one way to stay away from stress. Here are some tips to control stress;
- Include physical exercise in your routine. Exercise can reduce the level of stress to a great extent. Start with walking and then you can opt for reflexology, yoga as well as rollerblading in order to manage stress level.
- Meditation is also a good way to relax as well as music therapy and breathing exercise can also the mind and soul of the person. In the category of home remedy the aromatherapy is considered best to deal with psoriasis. For aromatherapy the essential oils are used which can relax the person with its properties. Some effective ones include German chamomile oil, lavender essential oil and many others. When you come from work or at the end of the day take aromatherapy bath in which you can use just few drops of calming essential oils and see how you stay away from stress.
- Another effective way to feel relaxed is by using herbal teas as well as supplements.
- A good body massage can also serve as relaxant and so the person does not feel stressed. Try using essential oils for massage so that you can fight against stress as it is a great home remedy to prevent from flare-ups of psoriasis.